Pre-Natal Pelvic Floor Health & Physical Therapy
Pelvic health physiotherapy is an appropriate and meaningful compliment to your pre-natal care. Pregnancy is the best time to prevent and treat incontinence, prolapse and pain; learn ways to reduce injury to your pelvic floor during labour and delivery.
During Pregnancy a Pelvic Health Physical Therapist can help you if you have:
- Pain in your pubic bone, groin, back, pelvic, buttocks or legs
- Difficulties doing everyday tasks such as rolling over, walking, or getting in/out of a vehicle
- Leaking Urine when you laugh, cough, sneeze, or walk, etc.
- Bulging or tenting of your abdomen when you lift your head off a pillow (abdominal diastasis)
- Pain with intercourse
- Vaginal varicose veins
- Questions about preparing for labour and delivery