Top 5 Benefits of Using BCST to Relieve Swollen Ankles During Pregnancy
By: Tanya Pawlick, RCST®
Swelling or Fluid Retention is the inability of lymphatic fluid (vital to the immune system) to flow and can lead to aches & pains, toxicity, high blood pressure, and a strained immune system. Swelling can be due to hormonal changes, hot weather, increased salt intake (from summer bbq & picnic goodies) or even just from standing for long periods of time. A Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy session can reduce swelling and treat the symptoms of the swelling.
A Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy (BCST) session will help to:
1. Reduce Swelling -Swelling in our ankles, hands and feet places unwanted pressure on our tissues and blood vessels creating many restrictions in the flow of fluids throughout the body.
2. Decrease Aches -Swelling can increase pressure within our tissues and often manifests as aches and pains through the body, leading to restricted movement.
3. Eliminate Toxins -Poor eating habits and environmental (i.e., pollution) concerns are means by which harmful toxins can build up in our systems. When we have swelling in our body these toxins are not readily able to circulate through our system for filtration and elimination via the organs.
4. Lower Blood Pressure -High blood pressure causes our heart to work harder than it needs to. Swelling restricts flow which increases the pressure required for fluid to move, hence increasing the stress and workload of the heart.
5. Balance the Lymphatic System -A balanced lymphatic system translates to a better ability of your body to defend against infection.
BCST can assist to ease restrictions through our tissues, reducing swelling, aches, blood pressure and maintaining a healthy balanced immune system.
Tanya Pawlick, RCST® is a practicing Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapist at Dr For Moms. Speak with a Practice Member Coordinator at the Front Desk or call 403.247.9301 to book your BCST session with Tanya.